Marketing Land and other places across the web.Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on
From Marketing Land:
- The business stats you must have on instant recall
Aug 3, 2018 by Ryan Phelan
Contributor Ryan Phelan shares tips on how to further your job performance and career through growing intimately familiar with certain KPIs.
- Apple’s HomePod makes modest gains against Echo, Google Home [Report]
Aug 3, 2018 by Greg Sterling
Amazon has 70 percent of the market, Google 24 percent and Apple 6 percent.
- Gartner’s first MQ report on Personalization Engines points to the category’s robust evolution
Aug 3, 2018 by Barry Levine
Descendents from product recommendation engines, personalization platforms are growing into experience deciders and managers for all environments.
- Twitter loses ability to let users auto-post tweets & retweets to Facebook
Aug 2, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
Facebook deprecated its Publish actions permission feature yesterday, ending the ability to automatically post content from one platform to the other.
- How to structure your email program to retain customers
Aug 2, 2018 by Sam Welch
Implementing a comprehensive email retention program may seem daunting, but contributor Sam Welch reminds us of the payoff and explains how to do it.
Recent Headlines From MarTech Today, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Marketing Technology:
- LiveRamp’s IdentityLink for TV is now offering addressable TV targeting through its first reseller – Adobe
Aug 3, 2018 by Barry Levine
The integration allows Adobe customers to upload their customer lists and get the matching cable subscriber IDs, for ad targeting through the cable service.
- Does ad tech dream of electric sheep?
Aug 3, 2018 by Duncan Arthur
Contributor Duncan Arthur urges advertisers and agencies to cultivate empathy for our fellow human beings, rather than thinking of them as machine-like users with eyeballs.
- Facebook looks to monetize WhatsApp with new Business API & ads that open chats in the messaging app
Aug 3, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
The new Facebook ads that click to WhatsApp open a pre-filled chat so that users can easily message the business via the app.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- 5 Questions with Akvile DeFazio: SMM Fails & Micro Budget Advertising, SEMrush
- Cocktails, Soccer and Luxury Travel are the Big Winners in Sponsored Video, Tubular Insights
- How To See Your Competitors’ Facebook Ads, Search Engine People
- Surviving Facebook Advertising Changes, Smart Insights
- The 5 Most Common Email Design Fails (and How to Avoid Them), Litmus
- The future of SMS; 2018 and beyond, SMSGlobal
The post Marketing Day: Twitter loses tweets, Apple HomePod gains ground, Gartner’s MQ report & more appeared first on Marketing Land.
Original article source: https://marketingland.com/feed